You have no items in your shopping cart.
Fall, winter and spring are the optimum seasons to plant these rugged natives. The best time is when there is enough moisture in the ground and the ground is not frozen. At checkout you will be given a choice of ship dates. Choose a convenient ship week when you are sure the ground will not be frozen, and we will ship your plants to arrive by Saturday for weekend planting. Please see below for suggested Fall & Spring Shipping weeks.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 541-938-3970 Monday through Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm PST, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You choose the shipping week during checkout.
- Your plant orders are scheduled to arrive at your door ready-to-plant within 4 days or less of leaving our nursery.
- Plants are shipped to arrive by Saturday, in time for weekend planting.
|Merchandise Total||Standard Ground|
Suggested Ship Dates:
|Zone||Shipping Weeks Fall 2010||Shipping Weeks Spring 2011|
|7||Sept. 27 — Dec. 13||Feb. 7 — May 9|
|6||Sept. 20 — Dec. 6||Feb. 14 — May 16|
|5||Sept. 13 — Nov. 29||Feb. 21 — May 23|
|4||Sept. 6 — Nov. 22||Feb. 28 — May 30|
We grow Intermountain native plant species which are found in the Intermountain West and from USDA Plant Zones 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. You will find on our Plant Detail pages the coldest zone we know the species will survive and thrive. You may live in a zone colder than what we list for a given species and you may know that the species will survive. Please feel free to use our plants in a colder zone than we list if you want to experiment, but we cannot guarantee plant survival for those plantings.
It is possible that some of our species will also grow well in environments warmer than Zone 7, but we cannot guarantee plant performance in any zone warmer than Zone 7.
We grow rugged native plants in Milton-Freewater, Oregon which is Zone 6, but the genetics of the plant are what make it cold hardy, therefore, you can use a Zone 4 plant in Zone 4 even after it was started in Zone 6 and it will do great!
You can plant our Rugged Country Plants anytime before the ground freezes and as soon as the ground thaws in the spring.
Click to find your USDA Plant Hardiness Zone
Please specify the Monday date of your preferred shipping week. We ship beginning on Monday and schedule shipping to minimize transit time. If your plants arrive damaged by handling or excessive shipping delay, please contact us promptly.
- Orders received by midnight Sunday can be shipped the following week.
- We are unable to guarantee arrival on a certain day.
- We do not offer Express shipping at this time.
- We have developed specially designed shipping containers so your plants will arrive un-damaged. We charge you only for the cost of container plus the shipping charge; we do not make any profit on shipping.
- Your costs per plant shipping charges go down when you order “full box” quantities: For Premium RootMaker™ pots order in 10-plant increments to “fill the box.” Order Full Boxes of 10 or 20 or 30 RootMaker™ Premium plants and we will send with your order FREE LANDSCAPE FLAGS to assist the layout of your planting. If you order a Full Box of 100 Estate Plugs™, we will send you 100 FREE LANDSCAPE FLAGS.
Order full box quantities of 10, 20 or 30 Rootmaker plants and we will include FREE Landscaping flags.
Or Order a full box of 100 Estate Plugs™ and we will include FREE Landscaping Flags.
Free Landscaping flags with every full box order!